Monday 4 November 2013

New Allotment

Meet my latest project....an allotment! It has been Hubs dream to retire and tend an allotment so I put our name down earlier this year thinking it would be a couple of years before we were able to rent one. I was offered one prety quickly but turned it down. On a slope, boggy and in the shade. So glad I turned it down as this weekend I had an email to say that a plot was available and we were top of the list.
I was expecting it to be rundown, full of weeds and very neglected BUT....just look at this!! Its perfect! A half size plot, off the access drive so not isolating, flat, a shed, compost bins, water but and the start of a strawberry patch and rhubarb too. Raised beds need topping up with earth and weeding. 





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - it looks brilliant and I look forward to seeing it "blossom".

    ReplyDelete